Life as a Photographer, Mother, and Student.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Retouching... AHHH

I love my photography, trust me I do. Sometimes retouching takes FOREVER and I never seem to get a picture right no matter what I do.These are the newest ones from the most recent Valentine's shoot I did. The couple was amazing to work with and so adorable. The pictures are all perfect but I can never seem to get them "right."

Take this picture, for example. I love the black and white but for some reason I still don't feel like it's finished. I feel like there should be a heavy vignette and some color splash. Now I realize this is a beautiful moment with the perfect edit for the picture, but I never feel done. It's so frustrating sometimes because I want my work to be good and I want people to love the pictures they get from me.

 Or this one. I still feel like there should be bokeh hearts or something in the background, but it's beautiful. I love their faces, the smiles, the joy radiating from them. You can just tell they love each other. I still adore this shot, but I would overedit if I didn't stop myself.
And this one is my favorite so far. The blue on the wall is so pretty. I also love her smile. Still so cute.






I just feel like I'm underediting. Ahhh... The joys of being a new professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment