Life as a Photographer, Mother, and Student.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

I am a Teenage Mother.

But there is one difference between me and what most people perceive of the teenage mothers in my generation. I did not get pregnant from sleeping around or from being with someone for a week. My parents do not raise my child. They do not take care of her on a daily, or even weekly basis. My parents see my child once or twice on a two week basis. They are GRANDparents to her. They spoil, kiss, hug, hold her. They do not change diapers. Do not feed her or calm her down unless they offer. I don't feel the need to put her off on them because I had sex at an early age.
My name is Emma. I am 17 years old and my daughter, Bo, is almost twelve weeks old. She is a happy, healthy little girl who loves her parents. I am very much with her father, and we very much plan on being together for the rest of our lives. This is my journey, and I hope you will embark on it with me. I believe in the great Circle of Life, and I believe that we prepare our children to enter into their reign with respect, understanding, love, and humility. We teach them how they should be. And I want my daughter to feel strong, confident, and capable.
That is my goal, and this is my life.

1 comment: